The Immunization Healthcare Division in collaboration with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) presents the “COVID-19 Vaccine Training: General Overview of Immunization Best Practices for Health Care Providers” Webinar. This COVID-19 Vaccine Training Webinar can be found at the following link: https://www2.cdc.gov/vaccines/ed/covid19/. The webinar is also available for 2.0 Continuing Education (CE)/Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits through the Defense Health Agency, J7, Continuing Education Program Office. To earn CE/CMEs, participants must complete the training on the CDC site, then register at the following link: https://www.dhaj7-cepo.com/content/covid-19-vaccine-training and complete both the posttest/evaluation questions.
The COVID-19 Vaccine Training is a new, web-on-demand, self-paced module for health care providers who will be administering the COVID-19 vaccine. This module provides health care personnel with information about the COVID-19 vaccine Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) and safety, as well as general information about vaccine storage, handling, administration, and reporting.
Below are the learning objectives for this home study:
1. Outline methods the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) employs to ensure safety of the COVID-19 vaccine(s).
2. Discuss COVID-19 vaccine EUA, development, and safety protocols.
3. Implement routine and emergency procedures for the proper administration, monitoring, storage and disposal of vaccines.
4. Analyze the standard infection prevention precautions and vaccine preparation protocols in order to reduce risk of contamination.
5. Summarize the information that COVID-19 vaccination providers are required to report to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS).
CE/CMEs are available for the following health care professionals: Physicians, Nurses, Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians, Physician Assistants, Optometrists, Dentists, Dental Hygienists, Dental Lab Technicians, Social Workers, Psychologists, Certified Counselors, Healthcare Executives, Registered Dieticians, and Dietetic Technicians.
The DHA, J-7, CEPO awards the credits, which are limited in scope to health care providers who actively provide care to U.S. active-duty service members, reservists, National Guardsmen, military veterans and their families.
To view the COVID-19 Vaccine Training on the CDC site, please use the following link: https://www2.cdc.gov/vaccines/ed/covid19/
To register for the COVID-19 Vaccine Training in the CMS, please visit the following link: https://www.dhaj7-cepo.com/content/covid-19-vaccine-training